Monday 28 February 2011

Day 1

Okay, so today is the day I take my life back....sort of!

I first tried smoking around the age of 14.It was nothing serious - you know how experimental teenagers are - and to be honest I did not really like it...I never even inhaled!! I would say that I properly started smoking around the age of 16. I went to college and sat with friends who did smoke and that ol' peer influence got to me.



That was 21 years ago and I am a heavy smoker at times and a light smoker at times. Nevertheless, I HAVE to STOP now. My health is really bad, I have a various number of illnesses and stopping smoking would help a few of them.

So, today I venture down to my doctors surgery - along with Mike my partner -  and we will get our NRT (Nicotine Replacement Therapy) because there is no way I could go cold turkey without killing Mike or having a problem with rage. I say that because, if I don't have a cigarette, I get so tetchy,angry and downright rude!!

So, this is going to be my QUIT blog. A space where I can record my progress, record my thoughts and instead of ranting at those around me I can bash the keyboard to oblivion (not really !!!)

Wish me luck......'cos I'm gonna need it!!!


L x

No comments:

Post a Comment