Tuesday 1 March 2011

Day 2

What an interesting 24 hours but at least I can no say I AM A NON-SMOKER!!!


My partner and I visited our GP yesterday morning and discussed what NRT would suit us.I am on patches and Mike is on the inhalator. Been told it's the best thing I've done in my life.....hmm I am sure there are other things that are as equally great! We collected our prescriptions. Mike could use his inhalator immediately but ther was no way I was standing in a pharmacy trying to put on a NRT patch. We walked home rather quickly with Mike puffing on the bit of plastic and me, well ,not happy. On the way home, we talked about all the things we could do now and planned to start walking again as we used to go out every day. Arrived home and instantly put my patch on. Did not feel anything at first but then started to feel itchy around the patch and it looked very red. Checked online to see if this is normal....it was.

Had lunch and was a bit jittery afterwards as I would normally have a cigarette. Put the thought out of my mind and thought of buying a nice handbag with the money I will save! I had to go out again to a regular appointment that does stress me out and again I normally would have had a cigarette again but I managed a strod right into the building -  the appointment was even more stressful and I so wished to have a cigarette.

It is now Tuesday morning and I have managed quite well. Mike had a shaky moment last night but he soon bounced back to the giving up process. the first patch comes off in a few hours and the second goes on. I think today will be easier, tomorrow will be odd as that is the day I normally buy our cigarettes and tobacco. I have put myself in the mindset that I could buy myself a glossy magazine and Mike could have something he wants. And in the coming days and weeks, we can go out for meals and go to the cinema with the money we have saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment